Your privacy is critically important to us. At Kontron, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our website (the “Site”).
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect some or all of the following types of information that you provide to us directly via online forms:
- Company and personal names and job title
- Contact information
- Your enquiry / request / message
- Other information relevant to enquiry / request
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Site, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click, the pages you view, the general manner in which you navigate the Site, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our Site, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby Wi-Fi access point and cell towers.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide and improve the Site;
- To contact you;
- To fulfill your requests for products, services and information;
- To send you newsletters or promotional materials from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- To analyze the use of the Site and user data to understand and improve the Site;
- To customize the content you see when you use the Site; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How Long We Keep Information
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of our email newsletters by clicking the “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each newsletter and following the subsequent instructions.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Site may no longer be available to you.
You can have the right to request access to, update or correction of your data. If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), data protection laws give you the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information. To request to exercise any of these rights, please email us at MarketingAsia@kontron.com.