mITX-CFL-S: Mini-ITX Industrial Motherboard with Intel® Coffee Lake / Coffee Lake Refresh S-Series Processors
Client and Server System Integration Possible
Both Client- and Server-grade System Integration Possible
mITX-CFL-S has two types of variants based on (1) 8th Generation (Coffee Lake) / 9th Generation (Coffee Lake Refresh) Intel® Core™ S-Series processors paired with Intel® Q370 chipset, and (2) Intel® Xeon® E-2100 (Coffee Lake) / E-2200 (Coffee Lake Refresh) S-Series processors paired with Intel® C246 chipset respectively. The former are the performance-oriented platforms for client-grade embedded applications while the later are ideal for entry server, cloud and workstation solutions, which provides a much broader range of possible applications to system integrators for their product development based on the same board.
Incredible Processing and Graphics Power
Compared to the counterparts with previous generation platform, mITX-CFL-S features more processing cores: up to six cores for Coffee Lake and up to eight cores for Coffee Lake Refresh, which brings significant performance increase in multi-threaded workloads, such as video or other heavy content processing, encoding and streaming. The integrated graphics has a slight frequency boost from Intel® HD Graphics 630 clocked at 1,150 MHZ (Kaby Lake) to Intel® UHD Graphics 630 at 1,200 MHz, enabling smoother and less interrupted 4K UHD playback.
High Bandwidth and Low Latency
mITX-CFL-S supports three Intel® Gigabit LAN ports, allowing users to flexibly allocate and manage network resources in order to maximize network service uptime and to increase overall network bandwidth.
Besides processors, mITX-CFL-S is equipped with several high-speed interfaces, including two DDR4 U-DIMM sockets, two SATA 3.0 sockets and six USB 3.1 ports, to maximize speed rate between the memory, storage and peripheral devices.
Compact System Integration Possible
mITX-CFL-S uses next-generation M.2 expansion slots, including one Key A , one Key B and one Key M, to completely replace conventional mSATA and mPCIe slots. Generally, an M.2 module saves 40% space compared to an mSATA / mPCIe module. In case of replacing HDD with an M.2 SSD, a thinner or more compact system can be constructed. Furthermore, mITX-CFL-S comes with an eDP connector for thin-profile LCD panel integration, allowing integrators to build a slimmer panel PC, HMI or all-in-one kiosk.
More Security at Hardware Level
mITX-CFL-S integrates a hardware-level TPM 2.0 secure cryptographic IC onboard. Integrators can use it to add more secure security features in their systems to manage user authentication, network access and data protection.
Resistant against Harsh Environmental Conditions
mITX-CFL-S offers an extended-temperature model with operating temperature range from -20 °C to 70 °C, which passes extended temperature testing without loss of function and ensures reliable operation in harsh environmental conditions, such as high / low temperatures, thermal shock and high humidity.
The list below summarizes the features and specifications of mITX-CFL-S.
Features & Specifications
- Both Client- and Server-grade System Integration Possible
- Intel® Coffee Lake S-Series Processors
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ S-Series
- Intel® Xeon® E-2100 S-Series
- Intel® Coffee Lake Refresh S-Series Processors
- 9th Generation Intel® Core™ S-Series
- Intel® Xeon® E-2200 S-Series
- Intel® Q370 Chipset (paired with Core™)
- Intel® C246 Chipset (paired with Xeon® recommended, Core™ compatible as well)
- Intel® Coffee Lake S-Series Processors
- Incredible Processing and Graphics Power
- Up to 6 cores / 12 threads for Coffee Lake S-Series processors
- Up to 8 cores / 16 threads for Coffee Lake Refresh S-Series processors
- Intel® UHD Graphics 630 for Core™ processors
- Intel® UHD Graphics P630 for Xeon® processors
- High Bandwidth and Low Latency
- 3x Intel® Gigabit LAN port
- High-speed Interfaces
- 2x DDR4 U-DIMM memory socket
- 2x SATA 3.0 for HDD / SSD storage media
- 6x USB 3.1 for USB device connection
- Compact System Integration Possible
- 1x M.2 Key A for WLAN / Bluetooth expansion
- 1x M.2 Key B for SSD / WWAN expansion
- 1x M.2 Key M for SSD expansion
- 1x eDP for thin-profile LCD panel
- More Security at Hardware Level
- TPM 2.0 support
- Resistant against Harsh Environmental Conditions
- Extended temperature model available: 20 °C~ 70 °C
- Other I/O Interfaces and Expansion Slots
- 2x DP, 1x HDMI for video output
- 4x USB 2.0 for USB device connection
- 4x RS232/422/485 for serial device connection
- 8-bit DIO for device / signal control
- 1x PCIe x16 for application-specific expansion
Rear I/O Ports
Click here for more information about mITX-CFL-S or contact your account manager for any industrial application project specification.