MITX-CFL0 Series: Mini-ITX Motherboard with 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™ / Celeron® S-Series Processors
A budget option for business- and consumer-grade system integration
Kontron, a leading global provider of IoT / Embedded Computing Technology (ECT), is pleased to introduce MITX-CFL0 Series, an alternative Mini-ITX motherboard based on 9th / 8th Generation Intel® Core™ S-Series and Intel® Celeron® G4000 Series Processors (formerly codenamed Coffee Lake Refresh and Coffee Lake). Compared to mITX-CFL-S, another Mini-ITX motherboard powered by the same generations of processors launched earlier, MITX-CFL0 Series is backed by consumer-oriented Intel® H310 chipset and business-class Q370 chipset while mITX-CFL-S paired with Q370 chipset and server-grade C246 chipset. MITX-CFL0 Series provides integrators a budget option ranging from entry-level to high-end for a variety of consumer- and business-grade applications.
Exceptional 4K UHD Visuals
Featured by Gen 9.5 Intel® UHD Graphics 600 Series integrated within the powerful 9th / 8th Generation Intel® Core™ S-Series and Intel® Celeron® G4000 Series processors, MITX-CFL0 Series supports advanced media technologies, including native HEVC (H.265) / VP9 decoding and encoding for 4K playback at 60 fps and HDR (High Dynamic Range) / Rec. 2020 (BT.2020) for vivid and bright colors and color black levels to create lifelike realism. In addition, the board is equipped with one DP++ connector and one HDMI 2.0 connector, allowing the system to output 60 Hz signal to a 4K display or TV. The DP++ connector can logically output either DP or TMDS signals, allowing users to use a passive adapter to send DP video to a single-link DVI or HDMI monitor.
Budget Baseboard with Both Consumer-grade & Business-grade Variants
Though MITX-CFL0 Series is a relatively budget option, it still has two variants: an entry-level variant backed by consumer-oriented Intel® H310 chipset and a high-end one by business-class Intel® Q370. The latter supports more manageability and security features for business environments, for example, Intel® VPro and AMT for remote management / monitoring, Intel® TXT for safer computing and hardware / firmware security with a higher level of trusted and control over computer systems. Integrators have great flexibility to choose an appropriate baseboard to create their systems depending on applications and budget.
New-generation Connection Interfaces for High-speed Data Transfer
MITX-CFL0 Series supports several new-generation memory, storage and expansion interfaces to address high-speed and high-availability requirements of today’s embedded IoT systems. They include two DDR4 SO-DIMM memory sockets for up to 41.6 GByte/s of bandwidth, four SATA 3.0 sockets for up to 6 GByte/s, one M.2 Key M socket for M.2 NVMe SSD support with up to 32 GByte/s of bandwidth, one M.2 Key E socket with Intel® CNVi support for new and faster Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity, and one M.2 Key B socket for WWAN wireless expansion.
Additional TPM 2.0 Chip Integrated for Enhanced Security
Besides the security features built in the processor and chipset, MITX-CFL0 Series integrates an additional TPM 2.0 cryptoprocessor chip to enhance the security of the system and even networks. It can bring extra hardware-level security features and provide a higher level of security than a security software package alone.
The list below summarizes the features and specifications of MITX-CFL0 Series.
Features & Specifications
- Exceptional 4K UHD Visuals
- 9th Generation Intel® Core™ S-Series Processors (up to 65 W TDP)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ S-Series Processors (up to 65 W TDP)
- Intel® Celeron® G4000 Series Processors (up to 65 W TDP)
- Gen 9.5 Intel® UHD Graphics 630 / 610 integrated for excellent 4K UHD performance
- 1x DP++, 1x HDMI 2.0 for 4K @ 60 fps support
- 1x LVDS for all-in-one system integration
- Budget Baseboard with Both Consumer-grade & Business-grade Variants
- Consumer-grade Intel® H310 chipset for entry-level applications
- Business-grade Intel® Q370 chipset for high-end applications
- New-generation Connection Interfaces for High-speed Data Transfer
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM memory support for up to 41.6 GByte/s bandwidth
- 4x SATA 3.0 HDD / SSD support for up to 6 GByte/s rate
- 1x M.2 Key M socket for M.2 NVMe SSD support with up to 32 GByte/s rate
- 1x M.2 Key E socket with Intel® CNVi support for Gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity
- 1x M.2 Key B socket for WWAN wireless expansion
- Additional Security Chip Integrated for Enhanced Security
- TPM 2.0 support
- Other Peripheral Applications & Expansion
- 2x GbE LAN for Ethernet
- 2x USB 3.0, 6x USB 2.0 for USB device connection
- 2x RS232/422/485, 4x RS232 for serial device connection
- 8-bit DIO for device / signal control
- 1x I2C for sensor or other control function
- 1x PCIe x16 for application-specific expansion
Rear I/O Ports
Click here for more information about MITX-CFL0 Series or contact your account manager for any industrial application project specification.