KBox E-420-R1K/V1K: Fanless Box PC with AMD Ryzen™ R1000 / V1000 Series Processors
Excellent 4K Multi-display Capabilities At A Decent Price
Kontron, a leading global provider of IoT / Embedded Computing Technology (ECT), is pleased to announce the provision of a new fanless box PC, named KBox E-420-R1K/V1K, powered by AMD Ryzen™ R1000 Series and V1000 Series 15 W low-power processors. Featuring powerful 4K multi-display playback and excellent cost-to-performance ratio, the system focuses not only on digital signage displays, interactive kiosks and information systems used in retail, restaurants, corporate and general public areas, but also on many industrial applications, such as industrial image processing in quality assurance, object recognition and AI-based edge analysis for predictive maintenance.
Impressive 4K / 60 fps Graphics Performance At A Reasonable Price
Powered by AMD Ryzen™ R1000 Series and V1000 Series 15 W low-power processors, KBox E-420-R1K/V1K is a perfect box PC with an optimal balance among performance, power efficiency and acquisition cost. Visuals are handled by powerful integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics. Combined one DP and two HDMI 2.0 video output interfaces located on the real I/O panel, it is capable of delivering vivid 4K UHD visuals to up to three independent displays at a high frame rate of 60 fps.
Resistant To Harsh Conditions
KBox E-420-R1K/V1K is enclosed within a completely sealed rugged housing without ventilation slots punched on the surface nor fans mounted internally to protect sensitive internal components from the potential damages caused by vibration, dust, debris or other airborne contaminants. The solid aluminum construction with massive cooling fins can efficiently pull the heat from the sealed system. Also, the box PC replaces the traditional SATA hard drive with a vibration-resistant M.2 SSD for faster and more reliable storage.
Flexible Installation Options & Wide Voltage Coverage For A Range Of Applications
Besides placement on a desk, table or shelf, the compact KBox E-420-R1K/V1K supports two mounting options, VESA mount and DIN rail mount, to easily accommodate itself to the limited space within a control cabinet / custom enclosure / machine or on the back of a monitor / wall depending on application scenarios. In addition, the box PC has two types of input voltage range options, fixed DC 12 V and extended coverage from DC 19 V to 36 V, to fulfill power requirements in more applications or to address harsh industrial environments with unstable or fluctuating power supply.
A Large Number Of Peripheral & Network Applications
Besides three video output connectors mentioned above, KBox E-420-R1K/V1K offers a large number of interfaces for peripheral connections. For example, one Line-out / Mic-in combo jack provides connection to an amplified speaker, headphone, microphone or headphone with microphone. For network connection, it has two Gigabit LAN ports on rear I/O panel for flexible wired networking configuration, and reserves one mPCIe socket for WLAN / Bluetooth / WWAN wireless expansion and one M.2 Key B for WWAN wireless expansion. Two USB 3.1 ports and two USB 2.0 ports are available on rear and front I/O panels for USB device connection. Two RS232/422/485 ports are located on the front I/O panel to communicate with sensors, controllers or other legacy devices. An 8-bit DIO port is provided for economical digital control, monitoring and alarming.
The list below summarizes the features and specifications of KBox E-420-R1K/V1K.
Features & Specifications
- Impressive 4K / 60 fps Graphics Performance At A Reasonable Price
- AMD Ryzen™ R1000 / V1000 Series Processors (up to 15 W TDP)
- Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 / 3 Graphics
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM memory support (up to 32 GByte)
- 1x DP for 4K / 60 fps video output support
- 2x HDMI 2.0 for 4K / 60 fps video output support
- Resistant To Harsh Conditions
- Passive cooling design: fanless & completely sealed aluminum chassis
- 1x M.2 Key M, 1x M.2 Key B for more reliable M.2 SSD support
- Flexible Installation Options & Wide Voltage Coverage For A Range Of Applications
- VESA mount and DIN rail mount support
- Extended input voltage support: fixed DC 12 V & extended DC 19 V ~ 36 V
- A Large Number Of Peripheral & Network Applications
- 1x Line-out / Mic-in for audio input / output
- 2x GbE LAN for wired network connection
- 1x mPCIe for WLAN / Bluetooth / WWAN wireless network expansion
- 1x M.2 Key B for WWAN wireless network expansion or SSD drive
- 2x USB 3.1, 2x USB 2.0 for USB device connection
- 2x RS232/422/485 for serial device connection
- 8-bit DIO for digital control, monitoring and alarming
- A Safer Product With Less Radio Noise
- CE Class B, FCC Class B complaint
Front I/O Panel
Rear I/O Panel (DC Jack)
Rear I/O Panel (Phoenix Connector)
Click here for more information about KBox E-420-R1K/V1K or contact your account manager for any industrial application project specification.