ATX-KBL-S: ATX Industrial Motherboard with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ / Celeron® S-Series Processors
High-performance Secure Platform for Industrial Automation Applications
Kontron, a leading global provider of IoT / Embedded Computing Technology (ECT), wholeheartedly recommends an ATX industrial embedded motherboard, named ATX-KBL-S, designed for system integrators to quickly, easily and cost-effectively develop upgraded computing systems for industrial automation applications, such as motion control, machine vision and optical inspection, to replace existing legacy systems.
Remarkable Performance and Security Enhancement
The ATX-KBL-S is powered by 7th Generation Intel® Core™ / Celeron® S-Series processors and features significant visual performance enhancement in 3D graphics and 4K video playback when compared to the models with previous-generation processors. It can deliver expected speed and reliability to process the growing workloads, especially the visual data, as newer and more sophisticated applications are introduced. In addition to processor’s enhanced silicon-based security features, the board integrates latest TPM 2.0 security chip and can provide stronger security protection on a deep hardware level, enabling securer connection from edge to cloud in an industrial IoT application.
Flexible Application-specific Expandability
The expandability of PCI- and PCIe-based application-specific plug-in modules is an important feature for industrial automation systems. The ATX-KBL-S reserves four PCI slots, one PCIe x16 slot and two PCIe x4 slots for possible application expansions. Here are some popular application scenarios: the PCI slots can be used to install motion control cards to control the movement and speed of the axes of a machine; or to install digital I/O or CAN I/O control cards to control devices. The PCIe slots are usually used to accommodate video capture cards to capture videos / images from cameras or other video sources; or to accommodate data acquisition cards to acquire data from sensors or other input sources.
Resistant against Harsh Environmental Conditions
In some industrial application scenarios, the equipments may be installed on the high- / low-temperature factory floors or outdoors. The resistance against extraordinary temperatures is an important requirement to ensure optimal performance. The ATX-KBL-S includes an extended-temperature model with operating temperature range from -20 °C to 70 °C, allowing integrators to develop rugged systems for harsh environmental conditions.
The list below summarizes the features and specifications of ATX-KBL-S.
Features & Specifications
- Remarkable Performance and Security Enhancement
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ / Celeron® S-Series Processors
- Intel® Q170 / H110 Express Chipset
- Intel® HD Graphics 630 / 610 integrated
- 4x DDR4 UDIMM memory socket
- TPM 2.0 support (models with Q170 chipset)
- Flexible Application-specific Expandability
- 4x PCI, 1x PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x4 (H110 models support x1 signal only) for application-specific expansion
- Up to 2x mPCIe for WLAN, Bluetooth and / or WWAN expansion
- Resistant against Harsh Environmental Conditions
- Extended temperature model available: -20 °C ~ 70 °C
- Storage Options
- 4x SATA 3.0 (RAID support for Q170 models), up to 2x mSATA for storage media
- Peripheral Applications
- 1x DP, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI-D, 1x VGA for up to triple display support
- 2x GbE for Ethernet
- Up to 6x USB 3.0, up to 6x USB 2.0 for USB devices
- 2x RS232/422/485, 4x RS232 for serial devices
- 16-bit DIO for device / signal control
Rear I/O Ports
Click here for more information about ATX-KBL-S or contact your account manager for any industrial application project specification.