3.5″-SBC-VR1000: 3.5″ Single Board Computer with AMD Ryzen™ V1000 / R1000 Series Processors
A Power-efficient Option for Compute-intensive Graphics Applications
Kontron, a leading global provider of IoT / Embedded Computing Technology (ECT), is pleased to introduce a new 3.5″ single board computer, named 3.5″-SBC-VR1000, powered by AMD Ryzen™ V1000 and R1000 Series, for integration into a variety of low-power compute-intensive graphics processing systems used in digital signage, digital casino gaming, industrial control & automation, medical imaging, networking and thin clients.
An Affordable Platform For Premium 4K Visual Feast
3.5″-SBC-VR1000 is designed around the low-power variants of AMD Ryzen™ V1000 and R1000 Series SoC processors as well as AMD Radeon™ Vega Series integrated graphics processors, delivering blazing fast performance without sacrificing processing efficiency and cost effectiveness. The board operates at a default 15 W TDP and supports configurable TDP from 12 W to 25 W for integrators to flexibly tune based on cooling capability and application scenarios via BIOS. Equipped with one DP port and one HDMI 2.0 port, it supports dual 4K Ultra HD content output at 60 frames per second.
Fast Interfaces To Facilitate Data Throughput
3.5″-SBC-VR1000 supports several new-generation interfaces for higher data transfer rates between main memory, storage media and peripheral devices, including two DDR4 SO-DIMM memory sockets, up to four USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, two SATA 3.0 ports and one next-generation M.2 expansion slot with Key M physical interface form. The M.2 Key M slot supports PCIe 3.0 x4 signals for SSD installation. In case of an PCIe NVMe-based SSD installed, it can reach the theoretical speed of 3.94 GB/s, much faster than the 600 MB/s limit of a SATA 3.0 hard drive.
Easy To Design Smaller & Rugged Systems
Besides the faster data rates mentioned above, M.2 SSD takes up far less space and uses much less power than a conventional 2.5″ hard drive. It can greatly reduce the footprint of a system when integrators use it to replace the hard drive. In addition, M.2 SSD is directly plugged into a dedicated connector slot with no cable and is a more reliable stable storage solution to handle high-clarity video, large data large-scale data acquisition and analysis in challenging environments.
Greater Protection Against System-level Attacks
With a TPM 2.0 cryptoprocessor chip integrated on the 3.5″-SBC-VR1000, integrators can brings extra hardware-level security features, such as integrity measurements, health checks and authentication services, to their systems beyond the native features provided by the processor itself.
The list below summarizes the features and specifications of 3.5″-SBC-VR1000.
Features & Specifications
- An Affordable Platform For Premium 4K Visual Feast
- AMD Ryzen™ V1000 / R1000 Series Processors (Configurable TDP: 12 W ~ 25 W)
- AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 / 3 integrated Graphics
- 1x DP, 1x HDMI 2.0 with resolution 4K @ 60 fps support
- Fast Interfaces To Facilitate Data Throughput
- 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM memory socket
- 4x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 4x USB 2.0 for USB device connection (V1000 models)
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 6x USB 2.0 for USB device connection (R1000 models)
- 2x SATA 3.0 for storage device
- 1x M.2 Key M for SSD storage with NVMe support
- Easy to Design Smaller & Rugged Systems
- 3.5″ single board computer form factor
- M.2 SSD support via M.2 Key M to replace 2.5″ hard drive
- Greater Protection Against System-level Attacks
- TPM 2.0 support
- Other I/O Interfaces / Expansion Slots
- 1x LVDS for all-in-one system integration
- 2x GbE LAN for Ethernet
- 2x RS232/422/485, 2x RS232 for serial device connection
- 8-bit DIO for device / signal control
- 1x mPCIe for WLAN / Bluetooth / WWAN expansion
Rear I/O Ports
Click here for more information about 3.5″-SBC-WLU or contact your account manager for any industrial application project specification.